.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Benthos

Explore the murky depths of life...

Tuesday, July 5

Cut the crap.

I started blogging for just this one reason: It was a place I could go, shout REAL LOUD and still NOT be heard. But now even my mumbling has been amplified. The only people I want commenting on my blog are the ones I've invited (or those others whose blogs I've visited and written comments).
I'm flattered that certain others have gone through the pains of making fake IDs. But if the interest was genuine, you'd have allowed access to your profile and blog.
Certain others suffer from a serious lack of vocabulary. They punctuate every sentence with 'shite' language.
This is a private blog (sounds rather oxymoronic but), respect the sanctity that it harbours.

5 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Well donwanobekanobe, I said that that was the intention with which I'd STARTED out (i.e. NOT to be heard...)
But the very fact that I allow comments (and like you pointed out put up a post inviting people) implies that my opinion changed.
However I maintain my stand that I do expect visitors refrain from polluting the atmosphere that is condusive to blogging.
My driving is er... yes you might say funny. Glad at least one soul finds it amusing. (That cyclist nearly spat on me...)

Tue Jul 05, 06:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Safari Al said...

i will say that i too find your driving funny.
and for the vigilantes...excuse the language...f%@# 'em

Tue Jul 05, 07:18:00 AM PDT  
Blogger D said...

Well blogging does have a drawback: there's no way we can block comments from certain users... Is there???
*sigh*

Tue Jul 05, 08:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger schumy said...

Actually there is...

You can create a private blog and invite people to join and then only enable posts/replies by the group members.

Tue Jul 05, 11:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger D said...

Well, thanks Schumy, but knew that. It'd solve the problem of blocking outsiders from commenting, but would mean ALL the members would be able to post posts, not just comments, thereby defeating the purpose of the writing being solely yours. It would start forced-to-share-the-same-space issues.

Tue Jul 05, 11:10:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home